Blogging can be a tough hurdle to climb when you don’t have any direction or guidance on how to build an audience. Once you have 20 posts or so you should definitely spend a significant effort trying to get people to actually look at your posts. The keyword to SEO traction is CONSISTENCY, but let’s take a look at some of the best ways to bring traffic to your blog.
Well, there are many ways to do that:
- Content and SEO – Keywords play a MAJOR role when it comes to organic traffic. When writing content, make sure you have unique ideas and eye-catching titles. Do keyword research to uncover keywords that may have significant search volume with low competition. Next, write an article about the subject be sure to optimize the page for SEO (note: WordPress uses Yoast for this so it’s much easier these days).
- Guest Posting – Try to reach out to influencers and other bloggers within your niche that accept guest posts. This is one of the best ways to pull audiences to your blog and leverage other platforms to introduce yourself. Influencers lover guest posts because it increases their audience and saves them from writing so much-win-win!
- Social Media – The main platforms today are Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and all three are great to build authority and bring people to your blog. Trying creating something and posting it on Twitter with trending hastags or open up discussion in Facebook on a current issue. Take note that Instagram is all about the visual however, so whatever you post, make sure that it’s something that’s visually captivating.
- PPC/ Paid Advertising – Google, Facebook, StumpleUpon, are just a few places where you can advertise and promote your blog. With Google being the most expensive, it may be a good idea to try Facebook and StumpleUpon first to learn the ropes (if you’re doing PPC yourself) and to save money.
- Press Releases – Online media platforms and your local press media can be a great way to promote your business to the local audience. A more “Grassroots” approach is sometimes needed, as your local audience can definitely propel you to higher platforms if they like what they read.
Take time to research different promotional strategies and create a plan and timeline for each activity, and remember to be CONSISTENT!